Employment for people with disabilities
Advice around finding paid employment if you have a disability.
Back2Base helps people with learning difficulties, mental health problems and disabilities find paid employment.
We work with you to identify your skills and help you find suitable employment. We can also support you and your colleagues when you are working.
- Individual focus – identifying aspirations and talents
- Long-term commitment - ongoing support at work
- Adaptable support - your needs are considered
- Social inclusion - you will be fully integrated with your colleagues
- Community employers - jobs with ordinary employers
- Worthwhile jobs - jobs are real and valued by the company
- Terms of employment - equal wages, working conditions, promotion possibilities and general terms of employment
Back2base for employers
We welcome employment or placements that give our clients with disabilities the chance to experience work and financial independence.
- Wider range of skills and experiences can create new opportunities
- Keeps you in touch with the needs of your customers and suppliers
- Adjustments made to assist a person with disabilities often benefit other employees and customers
- Demonstrates your business is committed to equal opportunities and social inclusion
We provide for free
- Access to available and committed employees
- Support through regular visits and reviews
- Help and advice for the employer to support the client and their colleagues
- Assistance for candidates in the recruitment process
- Information and advice on the Disability Discrimination Act
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07932 742267
Help from other organisations
There are several organisations and charities who offer advice, information and support for people with disabilities who are seeking work.
Buckinghamshire Disability Service
Buckinghamshire Disability Service offers a wide range of information on a number of services which may help people with disabilities. Subjects include advice on accessible transport, benefits, finances, crisis support and your rights
For more information about the Buckinghamshire Disability Service, visit buds.org.uk or call 07811 142935.
This is a website managed by the Buckinghamshire Disability Service and helps with employment. Information includes benefits, grants, local transport, support for carers and information for employers. There are also details of local charities and organisations which help with employment
For more information about other support for work, visit Bucks Workability.