Please review and correct the information below.

Search results showing for '' in the Information and advice section

Care home

Return to village

Are you finding it difficult to cope at home?

If you are finding it difficult to cope at home we can explore a range of options to help you. These might help you stay where you are e.g. adaptations, equipment, home support and other care services. Alternatively you can get help to move to another home.

You can find lots of information about the different housing options by clicking here and viewing our Housing pages here. 

If you are worried about your safety at home and are wondering if perhaps you might need a bit of support, it can be helpful to consider your situation using our online self-appraisal form and guide. This will help you think about what works well and what needs to change.

You can choose to save the self-appraisal form and if you like send it on to us to see how we can help.
Click the link below to go to our self-service section:


Alternately if you would like to speak to someone on the phone, you can contact us by:

Telephone: 01296 383204 Email: crr@buckscc.gov.uk

What options are there for housing and accommodation?

There are lots of ways to make life easier at home and help you stay independent. To find out more visit the Help to live at Home section of our website by clicking here

If you are considering living somewhere different there are quite a few options. You can find lots of information about the different housing available in our Housing section by clicking here

How do I know that a care home is ok?

The Care Quality Commission

CQC monitor, inspect and regulate services to make sure they meet standards of quality and safety and then publish what they find, including performance ratings to help people choose care.

Website: www.cqc.org.uk

Healthwatch Bucks

Healthwatch Bucks helps people get the best out of their local health and social care services. Whether it's improving them today or helping to shape them for tomorrow. Healthwatch Bucks also visit care homes and put a summary of their findings on their website:  www.healthwatchbucks.co.uk

Worried about someones?

If you are concerned about the way you are being treated, or witness or suspect abuse or neglect please contact:

Buckinghamshire Safeguarding Adults

Telephone: 0800 137 915

Email: safeguardingadults@buckscc.gov.uk 

You may also be interested to learn about the Dignity campaign in Buckinghamshire. You can find out more and see videos about the Dignity in Care award winners by clicking here.

What is NHS Continuing Health Care funding?

NHS continuing healthcare is free care for people who have significant and ongoing healthcare needs. It’s often referred to as CHC funding. View our CHC page by clicking here for more information. 

Paying for a Care Home

Care home charges

Care home services are provided when you are no longer able to remain independent in your own home. They are also known as residential social care. Depending on your circumstances the County Council may contribute towards the cost of your care. You can read more about how this works here

Deferred payment agreements

A deferred payment agreement can be used if you need to move into a care home but don't want to sell your home during your lifetime to pay for your care. To find out more information about deferred payments click here.

Copyright© 2012 - 2018 PCG Care Solutions. View our Terms of use, our Privacy policy or our Accessibility statement

Report this page

Close window

You can use this form to register any query or complaint you may have about this website or any of the content within it. Simply fill in the details below and this will be sent directly to us to investigate. We will always try and respond within one working day.

Page Reference: Village care home

However if you have further concerns about internet safety and would like further independent advice, please select the CEOP button below.

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre Internet Safety
Helpdesk Icon

Need help?

Close window

If you need help using shop4support call the shop4support Helpdesk on
0333 600 6330 or email info@shop4support.com

If you have a question about social care, please contact your council.
Find out who your council is here.