Please review and correct the information below.

Search results showing for '' in the Information and advice section

County Council

Return to village

What is the difference between the district and county councils?

The county council is responsible for services across the whole of a county, including:

  • Education
  • Transport
  • Planning
  • Public health
  • Social care
  • Libraries
  • Waste management
  • Trading standards

The councils District cover a smaller area and are responsible for services, including:

  • Rubbish collection
  • Recycling
  • Council Tax collections
  • Housing
  • Household planning applications

How to find information on County Council services

You can find information about the County Council and the services it provides on the main website: www.buckscc.gov.uk

Care Advice Buckinghamshire is our main source for advice and information about care and support for adults in Buckinghamshire. However if you’re looking for more information about how the council’s adult social care services are purchased and managed, as well as the organisations we work in partnership with, please visit the council’s adult social care section of the Buckinghamshire County Council website. www.buckscc.gov.uk/social-care/care-for-adults/

Other county council and useful websites:

The Buckinghamshire Family Information Service

The Buckinghamshire Family Information Service helps every family member and professional working with families, find information and advice they need. We can provide information on childcare, early years, family-related activities, event and services across Buckinghamshire. The service is accessible by phone, website, social media (Facebook & Twitter), text, email or in person.

Website: www.bucksfamilyinfo.org
Telephone: 0845 688 4944 / 01296 383065 / 07786 202920
Email: familyinfo@buckscc.gov.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Buckinghamshire.Family.Information.Service
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Bucks_FIS

Carers Bucks

Carers Bucks provide support and advice to carers on behalf of Buckinghamshire County Council.

You can contact them by:
Telephone: 0300 777 2722
On their website: http://www.carersbucks.org

Copyright© 2012 - 2018 PCG Care Solutions. View our Terms of use, our Privacy policy or our Accessibility statement

Report this page

Close window

You can use this form to register any query or complaint you may have about this website or any of the content within it. Simply fill in the details below and this will be sent directly to us to investigate. We will always try and respond within one working day.

Page Reference: Village Council

However if you have further concerns about internet safety and would like further independent advice, please select the CEOP button below.

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre Internet Safety
Helpdesk Icon

Need help?

Close window

If you need help using shop4support call the shop4support Helpdesk on
0333 600 6330 or email info@shop4support.com

If you have a question about social care, please contact your council.
Find out who your council is here.