Please review and correct the information below.

Search results showing for '' in the Information and advice section

Equipment or adaptions

Even simple equipment can mean the difference between living independently and needing someone to look after you.

You can buy your own equipment, but an occupational therapist or social worker can help make decisions about the equipment that would be most helpful. Decisions about the kind of equipment you may need will often be the result of an assessment of your care and support needs.

If you have a child with a disability, their GP may refer them to a physiotherapist to assess their mobility needs. The physiotherapist assessing them will be able to explain what kinds of aids may help your child. You can get some ideas of what is available using our equipment house.

What information can I find here?

These pages contain information equipment and adaptions in your home. Click using the arrows to the right and left or the headings at the top to move through this section and see what information is available.

Last reviewed: 30/03/2015

Report this page

Close window

You can use this form to register any query or complaint you may have about this website or any of the content within it. Simply fill in the details below and this will be sent directly to us to investigate. We will always try and respond within one working day.

Page Reference: Equipment and housing adaptions introduction

However if you have further concerns about internet safety and would like further independent advice, please select the CEOP button below.

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre Internet Safety
Helpdesk Icon

Need help?

Close window

If you need help using shop4support call the shop4support Helpdesk on
0333 600 6330 or email info@shop4support.com

If you have a question about social care, please contact your council.
Find out who your council is here.