Skip to Main Content
This is a new website - your feedback will help us improve it

Assessments - what help do you need?

An assessment will help us to find out what support you need.


How can we help?

If you have care and support needs then we may be able to help you.

The first place to look is this website. It offers advice and guidance, with health and wellbeing and specialist health information and has links and details of other organisations that may be able to help including local activities and national helplines.

If you cannot find the help you need online then our Adult Early Help team will try to help you.

They may arrange an assessment, which will look into your needs and at what we can arrange to help you.

The Adult Early Help Team will ask you some questions over the phone to check your current situation and what support you already have in place.  We will ask you what you can do for yourself; what you would like to happen and who else helps you now or you could ask to help you.

We will also talk to other people who know or support you, including your doctor, nurse, family or friends.

If your care and support needs are urgent or ongoing we will usually arrange to see you and will send you information in advance for you to think about.


Carer assessments

As a carer you can get advice, support and help from the council and other organisations. A carer assessment will identify the help you need.

Read about and arrange a carer assessment

Contact the Early Help Team

01296 383204

Is this page useful? Thank you for your feedback